Residential Style Metal Garages
Residential Garage Styles
The first step to take when choosing your garage is to decide which garage style will go well with your home scheme and fulfill your needs. There are different styles available, each based around their roof design. It’s important to understand the differences between each roof style and the benefits they offer you. We offer three styles to choose from at Carport Direct – vertical, A-frame Horizontal (boxed-eave), and regular.
- Vertical – The vertical roof is the most durable roofing option available. During manufacturing, there are additional framing pieces used for extra protection against the elements. And as its name implies, the paneling for this roof style is installed vertically. While it is engineered to withstand all climate types, we highly-recommend the vertical roof to customers who live in areas prone to inclement weather conditions.
- Boxed-Eave – You may have heard of this roof style referred to as an A-frame horizontal style. It is installed with horizontally-oriented paneling, with a flat, V-shape. This roof style is best suited for areas that may experience some high winds but very light rain or snowfall.
- Regular – Similar to the boxed-eave style, the regular roof is also installed with horizontal panels. However, it’s A-frame shape with rounded-edges makes this roof the best option for areas that do not typically experience high winds, rain, or snowfall.
Residential Garage Sizes
There are several sizes to choose from for your new garage at Carport Direct, all depending on your needs and your budget. The most common available sizes are one-car, two-car, and three car garages; however, you can opt for an even bigger size. When choosing the dimensions of your residential metal garage, it’s important to take future needs into consideration as well.
- One-car residential garages are the perfect size for homeowners who need shelter for one vehicle. Typically, single car garages are 12’W x 20’L, but you can choose larger dimensions such as a 14’ wide, 16’ wide, or 22’ long.
- Double garages usually have an average size of 22’W x 20’L, with lengths available up to 25’. If you would like to enough space for two vehicles and an additional storage room, we recommend going with a length of 25’.
- In most cases, tripe-wide garages are 24’W x 36’L, but you can choose widths up to 36’. We recommend opting for the 30’ wide if you want to house multiple vehicles and still have room to spare.
Build and Design Your Own Residential Garage Building
At Carport Direct, we give you freedom over the design and layout of your garage. From the color of the walls to the roof style, to doors and windows, we have options for everything! And with our 3D Garage Configurator, you can design your dream structure online from the convenience of your home.
- Residential Garage Doors
- Roof Styles
Insulating Your Residential Garage
Significant differences between the air temperature outside and the air temperature inside of a steel building can cause condensation to form on the metal paneling. Insulation is a great way to avoid problems like this. Insulation acts as a barrier to help reduce the transfer of heat from the inside to the outside and the outside to the inside. Without a significant difference in temperature, the chance of water condensation is reduced. For more information regarding our types of insulation, feel free to contact one of our building advisors today.
Use Your Garage How You Want!
To have an idea, fully-functional residential garage, you need to be able to use it any way you wish. This ability gives you full freedom over your garage and opens up a world full of possibilities for your home. Take a look at a few of our ideas on day-to-day uses for residential garages.
- Man Cave
- She Shed
- Game Room
- Personal Gym
- Guest House
Carport Direct Delivery and Installation
Our delivery and installation services at Carport Direct are included in all our prices. Once you’ve ordered your garage and set a date for delivery, one of our professional installation crews will deliver the unit to your property and have it assembled and ready-to-go within a matter of hours! Keep in mind, if weather conditions are not permittable, it may take a few days for your structure to be insalled.
Residential Garage Prices
When you purchase a steel building from Carport Direct, you’re buying direct. This means there is no middle man to deal with; no pushy salespeople and no one trying to upsell you. We’re still here every step of the way through, providing assistance when needed, we simply give you control over purchasing the garage you want.
There are certain factors that will affect the overall cost of your residential garage, including its size, style, customizations, install location, and certifications. We offer two rent-to-own and financing programs for customers who need additional financial assistance.
And to top it off… we only require 10% deposits! Yes, you heard us right. We also have discounts built into our prices, allowing you to save money on every purchase you make with us. But our savings don’t stop there! When comparing our steel buildings to those made of other materials such as wood, steel does not rust, rot, mildew, or harbor mold. It also requires very little maintenance, saving you money in the long-run.
Buy Your Custom Residential Garage Building from Carport Direct
Here at Carport Direct, we offer much more than fair prices and quality steel buildings. We offer exceptional customer service. No matter where you are or what you want, we’ve got you covered. Our simple, all-inclusive approach to helping customers find their dream structure has set us apart from other companies, allowing us to stay one step ahead of the game. If you’re ready to find the perfect residential garage for your home, call us today at (336) 415-3616 to speak with one of our friendly building specialists.