18 - 24' Wide RV Carports
RV Carports Aren’t Just for RVs!
When people purchase a new RV carport, they usually plan to use it for its intended purpose. And while that is perfectly fine, seeing as that’s what they’re made for, there are so many more uses for these steel units. We design and engineer each of our RV covers to fulfill a variety of purposes, whether it be residential, agricultural, or commercial. We like to think of our metal structures as a blank slate; you can design whatever you want and use it however you wish. A few other things you use an RV shelter for include:
- Outdoor Equipment
Available Roof Styles
The roof style you choose for your structure is far more important than you may think. Roofs not only complete the unit and protect your property from Mother Nature’s forces, but it also adds to the structural integrity, allowing the building to stand strong for years to come. We offer three roofing options here at Carport Direct, each with their own unique advantages.
- Regular Roofs (Good) – The regular roofing system is a popular option among homeowners and farmers, seeing as the rounded edges resemble that of a traditional home or barn. This roof is installed with horizontally oriented paneling, making it an excellent option for areas with very light wind, rain, and snowfall. One of the primary benefits you’ll experience by investing in a regular roof is its economical pricing.
- A-frame Horizontal Roofs (Better) – Often referred to as boxed-eave roof, the A-frame horizontal style is another excellent roofing choice. While it is installed with horizontal paneling just as the regular roof, it has more of a “box” look to it. We recommend customers who live in warmer areas with light precipitation invest in this roof style. And when you invest in it, you’re getting an A-frame style structure minus the cost of a vertical roof!
- Vertical Roofs (Best) – Similar to the boxed-eave design, the vertical roof is also an A-frame style. This roofing system is also the most popular and most durable roof available in the metal building industry. It is installed with additional framing pieces for protection and vertically aligned panels to easily channel all debris and precipitation off the roof. Keep in mind, if your structure is longer than 36’, you are required to have a vertical roof.
Prices of Custom RV Covers
When it comes to the price of your RV shelter, there are several factors that will always affect the overall price of the unit – size, style, site location, chosen features, and certifications. While it may seem overwhelming at first, there’s no need to worry. Here at Carport Direct, we offer two of the best rent-to-own and financing programs available in the metal building industry. And our savings don’t stop there! We have built-in discounts in all our prices, only require 10% deposits (yes, you heard us right!), and with no salespeople, there are no sales commissions. If you would like more information regarding our savings opportunities and our financial programs, feel free to give us a call today or visit our website.
Sizes of Prefab RV Carports
There are several sizes to choose from for your custom metal RV carport here at Carport Direct. But before you choose your size dimensions (width, length, height), there are a few things you need to know beforehand. How do you plan to use your unit? Do you have a budget? We recommend taking all your current needs into consideration as well as anticipated needs. While it may seem too big at first, you’ll thank us in a few years when you upgrade RVs or decide to store a few items alongside your home-on-the-road. Remember, bigger is always better!
Know the Facts
We understand how exciting it can be – you just bought a new RV, or are planning to, and now you’re planning on purchasing a custom RV cover. But before you do so, there are a few things you need to know first.
- Site Prep – In order for us to install your unit properly and without complications, you need to make sure the site is completely clear of all debris and vegetation. It must also be level before the building can be assembled. We will install on any level surface; however, we recommend having a concrete pad poured.
- Certifications – A certified structure is one that has been engineered to meet certain local or national wind and snow ratings as well as building codes. Depending on the weather conditions in your area, you may or may not need to certify your structure. For example, if you live in an area prone to heavy snowfall, you should consider having your unit certified. This will save you quite a bit of money and time down the road.
- Building Codes and Permits – Your local municipalities can provide you with additional information regarding your area’s required permits and building codes. If you do not pull the permits required in your area or have your structure installed without meeting ALL codes, there is a chance you will have to take it down and start from scratch. To save yourself the money and the headache, be sure you will meet all your building codes and be sure to get all your permits.
Purchase Your Prefabricated Metal RV Cover from Carport Direct
Are you ready to find the perfect shelter for your new RV, camper, or trailer? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Carport Direct, not only do we offer a complete collection of products, customization options, and prices, but we also offer excellent customer service. When you choose to work with us, you’re choosing a partner that you can trust. Don’t wait any longer for the building we all know you need, call us today at (336) 415-3616 to get started. We can’t wait to help you!